5 Things You Must Do to Transform Your Health and Fitness (And it’s not just exercise and eat healthier!)
May 27, 2019
Another Monday, another diet. A new year, a new workout program. You start off so strong, ready to make some big changes, but the excitement wears off and you are right back where you started. Does this sound like you?
If you have ever struggled at making any changes in your health and fitness, keep starting and stopping, or you just can’t figure out how to get past Day 1, you may be asking yourself, “what’s it going to take to finally make the change this time?”
After taking a couple of years off from the fitness industry, I’ve had a chance to take a break, learn and grow from my own struggles. I’ve learned that one of the most important aspects of making any change or transformation is our mindset.
I always thought I had a very strong mindset. As a trainer and business owner, I had accomplished many things I set out to do and was a pretty positive person. But it wasn’t until I started investing more time into personal development that I realized how much room there was for growth. I also realized that during the many years I spent leading my bootcamp company and the decade before that as a personal trainer, not nearly enough attention was given to this key factor for myself, my team and my clients.
I’m grateful now to have broken out of my own comfort zone, jumped back into the fitness industry, and started this blog so I can share these ideas with you. I hope they are just as helpful for you as they have been for me.
So, here’s my 5-Step System for true transformation. Think B.L.I.S.S!
- B - Be Present Realize that you are in a new season, a season of change. You will probably need to spend more time meditating, visualizing, and/or praying than you ever have before. Aim for at least 15 minutes each day. Find a stronger belief in yourself, and if you don’t have it already, borrow some belief by being inspired (not comparing!) by others who have reached big goals.
- L- Let Go Old ways won’t work. It’s time to try something new. This is especially true if you are over 30! What worked in your teens or 20’s for you, probably won’t work the same way in your 30’s, 40’s and beyond. You will also possibly need to let go of comparison. You DON’T know the entire story just from looking at someone’s social media feed. Be inspired, YES, but do not compare your journey to theirs. You are exactly where you’re supposed to be right now. So let go, release any stress or even resentment you may be holding on to and start today as a clean slate.
- I - Invest In Yourself This doesn’t mean you need a fancy gym membership or an expensive food delivery service. Getting fit does not need to break the bank. Usually your own body weight is all you need. You don’t need any special clothing either, although I would invest in a good pair of workout shoes. You will also need to invest the time into planning ahead by putting yourself on the calendar, shopping for healthy food, and food prepping. If you do decide to invest in a program or a coach, it will most likely be worth it since a good plan can save you both time and money. YOU are worth it! Everything around you is affected by your health — your family, career, home, etc... So don’t skip over prioritizing yourself.
- S – Systematize Getting what you want requires consistency but, there will be days you don’t feel like eating healthy or exercising. But, if you have a plan and system in place, all you’ve gotta do is take the next step vs making a whole production out of fitting in a workout or skipping it because you just weren’t prepared. A good system means a morning and evening routine — eliminating the clutter and having a good plan to follow every day.
- S- Surround Surround yourself with positivity and people who lift you up. Find a community of others with growth mindsets and those who are working towards similar goals. Cut back on interactions with those who tend to drag you down. Consider doing a social media “cleanse” by unfollowing or at least taking a break from those who bring negativity onto your screen. Whether we realize it’s happening or not, we are influenced by everything we see and hear. So turn off the news and trim down the negativity. Seek out new relationships that help you grow and leaders who are where you want to be. Don’t go it alone.
This is just the beginning my blog and the Simply Fit Club! There is so much more to share. Each week I will be posting similar strategies and further breaking down the ones I’ve mentioned here.
Thank you for coming along for the journey. Let’s grow together.
Download my all-new Meal Prep Guide Cook ONCE and enjoy healthy, delicious meals all week long.
To your success,