Eight Way to Improve Your Follow-Through on Your Fitness Goals
Sep 18, 2023
If you’re someone who struggles with follow-through, you're going to want to hang on to this list of EIGHT things you can do to take personal responsibility for hitting your biggest goals for when you want to stay in bed (or scroll through social) or whatever you do to avoid doing what you KNOW you need to do.
This month in the Simplyfit Club we’re talking all about taking BIG ACTION towards your goals, and the tips I’m about to give you are CRITICAL for making that happen.
Let’s get into it…
- Hold yourself accountable. I know this one’s obvious, but when you take personal responsibility for your life, it allows you the freedom to tackle your problems (and celebrate your victories) head-on!
So, when you tell yourself you are going to do something, DO IT. The more often you do this, the easier it gets… and the more progress you will make!
- Ask for help if you need it. This is a big one because asking for help requires pushing your ego to the side so you can move forward, faster.
Yes, it can feel uncomfortable at first, but remember that most people actually LOVE to help, and it gives them an opportunity to be of service. So ask away!
- Don’t compare yourself to others. This one is SO sneaky… but when you start comparing yourself to other people, it’s easy to look at them and go, “Well, I’ll never be as good as them, so I might as well just give up!”
But the thing is, we all are born with different strengths, weaknesses, and gifts. Comparing yourself to others robs you of the ability to express and build on what’s uniquely YOU!
Let other people inspire you… but also let your own gifts shine because you never know who YOU will inspire.
- Expect the unexpected and, when it happens, don’t let it derail you. The thing is, it’s pretty much inevitable that at some point you’re going to fall off track… so plan for it.
There will always be obstacles – the key is to not let them stop you.
Those obstacles give you a chance to grow and learn. Keep pushing on!
- Strengthen your inner circle. When you have a network of people who are working toward the same things you are, it can help motivate and inspire you. It can also provide valuable support when things get tough.
You can make this support system online, at home, at a gym/studio, or anywhere you find people with the same interest as you.
- Take care of your body. When you eat healthy foods, get enough exercise, sleep well, manage your stress, and do all the self-care things, it gives you the energy you need to not only REACH your goals … but also live a more full and active life.
And that’s what it’s all about, right?
- Acknowledge your feelings — and then take action anyway. It’s normal to get down sometimes, and it’s important to pay attention to it when it happens.
But it’s also important to take ACTION so that you don’t get stuck in a negative rut. If you’ve had a bad day or a setback, what can you do to take care of yourself so that you feel better? Do it!
- Focus on the positive. If you notice that your inner voice has become negative or critical, stop it in its tracks! You don’t deserve to be talked to like that.
Turn it around so that you don’t end up feeling worse, or quitting.
There’s another way to take personal responsibility: create a plan or work with a coach that can help you stay focused on the best actions that get results.
Tired of starting your week with the best intentions for your health, only to have life throw you off-track by Wednesday? Iget it!
That's why I created my FREE 7-Day Resilience Checklist.
This simple checklist is full of fun (and PROVEN) habits to help you get back on track without resistance
Click here to grab a copy and let's get started on making this week one of your best yet!