Your September Health & Fitness Checklist to Stick With It
Sep 04, 2019
As you probably know, this is one of the BEST times of the year to take your health and fitness to the next level and maybe even recommit to your goals so you can look and feel AMAZING for the holidays.... and beyond.
It's up to you to have a plan though to make it all happen.
That's why I love to create and share these quick checklists with you.
This checklist will help you get very clear and intentional about your actions this month (instead of just flying by the seat of your pants each day!)
I'm all about keeping health and fitness simple and creating a plan that works for YOU. This checklist will help you do just that.
SEPTEMBER HEALTH & FITNESS CHECKLIST:
Set Some Goals
- What is your Big Picture Goal- WRITE IT DOWN in terms of “I AM..”
- September Challenge Goal- WRITE IT DOWN in terms of “I AM....”
- Think about "Why" you want these goals and be sure it's really big enough to create enough ACTION
- Put your Goal Sheet somewhere you will see it everyday
- If you have a weight loss goal, remember 1-2lbs loss per week is realistic
- Now using your goals, reflect and write down who you need to BE and what you need to DO (new daily habits?) to create to reach these goals.
- Check out my Blog for more tips on reaching your goals (I have a whole section just on "mindset!") I also have a FREE Facebook Group where you can connect with others with similar goals. In fact, we'll be doing a 7 Day Shrink Your Waist Challenge in the group starting on Monday Sept 9th!
Eat Healthy and Fuel Your Body
- Use a fitness app like MyFitnessPal to calculate your calories and macros based on your goals.
- Create a meal plan for at least one week for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinners and snacks (you can repeat it for the month and make tweaks as needed) If you need help with what to eat, check out my my Jumpstart I've already got an entire 6 weeks of meal plans, grocery lists, healthy recipes and a complete Success Guide in there for you.
- Make a Grocery List of foods only on your meal plan and either schedule time to get to store or order them online for delivery or pick-up (HUGE time saver!)
- Cook and prep once a week OR make intentional leftovers as you go through the week. When you have healthy, ready-to-go food, you'll be more likely to make good decisions!
*Note I HIGHLY recommend repeating as many meals as you can throughout the week. It will make food prep MUCH easier
- Get out your calendar and schedule at least 3 exercise session per week.
- No matter what your goals are, be sure to include resistance training (weights, bodyweight etc) aerobic exercise (walking, running, biking, sports etc) and flexibility training (yoga, stretching etc) If you need a plan, check out the SimplyFit Workout app for short, complete workouts you can do at home.I update it each month with brand new fat-blasting, body-sculpting workouts!
- Schedule in a day of two of "active rest" days. These could be days you go for a walk in the woods, do yoga or maybe some gardening or housework.
Remember: it's consistency that counts.
"Success isn't always about "greatness," it's about consistency" Dwayne Johnson
I hope you find this list helpful! Keep up the amazing work and reach out with any questions.
PS If you are ready to take your fitness and your life to the next level, my one-on-one coaching program may be a perfect fit. You're never in this alone. I'll teach you the habits and routines that'll help you create the body you need to live the life you want to lead! Here's the link to find out more and book a consultation: www.simplyfitclub.com/onlinetraining